HCG Cancer Center, Vadodara
The department of haematology has a wide range of services including diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant blood conditions, laboratory services, and transfusion services.
· Diagnosis and administration of necessary blood products for treatment and prevention of bleeding. Including factor 8, factor 9, platelet transfusion, and other products as necessary.
· Outpatient haemophilic clinic for day treatment and so haemophilia patients have ready access to haematologist.
· Cure towards benign disorders like sickle cell anemia , thalassemia and auto immune disorders
· Administration and monitoring of blood thinning medicine (anticoagulation) to prevent further clots.
· Reversal of anticoagulation in the event of serious bleeding.
· Advice for patient on anticoagulation undergoing surgical and dental procedures
· Blood cancer treatment for acute and chronic leukaemia, myelodysplastic syndromes, myeloproliferative neoplasm, lymphoma, myeloma and other blood cancers
· Diagnosis, staging and treatment of blood cancer including inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy, monitoring for relapse, clinical trials, and stem cell transplantation as needed
Treatment of anaemia with blood transfusions, nutritional supplementation, red cell stimulating hormones and other treatments as needed.
Treatment of autoimmune conditions causing low platelets or autoimmune haemolytic anaemia with steroids and other immunosuppression agents.
Diagnosis and treatment of bone marrow failure syndromes
· Administration of red cells transfusion.
· Administration of platelet transfusions.
· Administration of other blood products.
· Monitoring for complications.
· Iron chelation in chronically transfused patients.
· Plasmapheresis and Plasma exchange
· Administration of intravenous immunoglobulin
Bone Marrow Transplant
· Autologous and allogeneic stem cell transplantation.
· Donor screening and selection.
· Stem Cell harvesting from the peripheral blood and bone marrow.